Wednesday, December 7, 2011

what I need to enter Mexico as a Trinidadian citizen studying in the US?

what I need to enter Mexico as a Trinidadian citizen studying in the US?
I am a student studying in the Unites States and a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago. I would like to visit Mexico in the next two weeks for vacation for a week and was wondering what I need in terms if requirements for entry to Mexico.I have a valid US student visa (F1), passport issued in Trinidad, I-20 as well. SInce I will be traveling from New York to Mexico, do I go through immigration or not and what will be required of me?If I am to get a visa what do I need to do and more importantly how long does it take for one to obtain a visa to Mexico.If you can get back to me as soon as possible I would greatly appreciate it, since I need to plan my trip. Thanks for a speedy reply!
Other - Mexico - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You probably should go to a Mexican consulate and apply for a tourist visa. If you don't then when you land in Mexico you will have to go through immigration. The people there will issue a tourist visa upon entry maybe, but maybe not and then you will have to turn around and go back. So it is always best to apply for the tourist visa before you leave. That way when you go through immigration, you'll just show them your Trinidad passport and your visa and they'll let you in.

Read more other entries :