Thursday, February 28, 2013

Can a Mexican Student temporarily residing in the US buy and drive an American car?

Can a Mexican Student temporarily residing in the US buy and drive an American car?
I'm an exchange student currently in the United States, and will be here for the next 4 years, I was wondering if I am able to buy and drive an American car, get insured and possibly (since I'm located at the border with Northern Mexico) drive to Mexico and back to the States? If I'm able to buy an American car, can it be with my existing and valid Mexican drivers license, or do I have to get and American drivers license?
Buying & Selling - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you buy a car built for the American market, you can surely drive it in Mexico. The US has the stricted emissions standards in the world and Mexico's aren't that strict. As far as the license goes, if you are going to be here for 4 years, you should get a state license in the US. Although it is possible to drive on your Mexican license with the proper paperwork, it is less of a hassle for you ever get stopped by an officer.

Read more other entries :