Thursday, April 7, 2011

Applying to a U.S. University as a foreign student in Mexico.?

Applying to a U.S. University as a foreign student in Mexico.?
Applying to a U.S. University as a foreign student in Mexico.? Hey, my sister lives in Mexico, she is in her last year of High school over there and she knows how to speak English fully (she lived here in the US for years). She would like to study in a college in the US. She Knows she has to take the SAT's but she's in Mexico, is there somewhere in Mexico where she can take the SAT? Also, Right know i'm a freshman in highschool here in the US, in one of the top 10 hig schools in the US. There is a posibility that I may have to relocate to either Monterrey, or Guadalajara ( my parents are being transferred there because of their company). I take my education seriously because i would like to go to Harvard, Ivy league universities. What are the best High schools in these 2 towns that provide the best education, especially in English???? And what would my sister have to do to come to a university here in the U.S.??? Thak you sooooo much. By good High school in those 2 cities, I mean like a TOP one. One that will not hinder my chances of getting into an IVY league University. Right know I'm in an MSE progrram in High school, (Math Science and Engineering). I need your help please
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It is extremely difficult as an international student to be accepted at any Ivy League school even if you go to the best school in any country. You need to show that you are particularly outstanding to be accepted. Harvard has a 6% acceptance rate. Your sister does not have to take the SAT as a foreign student at most colleges. She needs to take an English exam and send her transcript to the college she wants to apply to. They have people on staff who understand foreign transcripts. Good Luck!

Read more other entries :