Saturday, September 7, 2013

What are typical Christmas gifts given to a child in Mexico?

What are typical Christmas gifts given to a child in Mexico?
I am teaching a group of students a lesson on Christmas in Mexico. From what I have read about Christmas in Mexico, Christmas is still really celebrating Christ's birth! I love that! In the United States, so much emphasis is given to gift-giving from Santa. Do children in Mexico expect lots of gifts like in the USA? Are the gifts big and elaborate or small and meaningful?
Christmas - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have family that lives in Mexico....Actually, the schools there give out a lunch sack filled with apples, oranges, and nuts to each child. Also, when I moved to texas 5 miles away from the Mexico border I was in High School and our school in the United States did this same thing...I guess fruit baskets are a common gift in Mexico.

Read more other entries :