Saturday, December 28, 2013

I need a high-calorie, nutritious mealplan to cook for 60 students for breakfast in our school in Mexico.?

I need a high-calorie, nutritious mealplan to cook for 60 students for breakfast in our school in Mexico.?
The recipe needs to be low-cost, and practical considering Mexican dietary habits (generally meals made out of maize). I need to be able to cook this in the morning and feed about 60 children with it, with the hopes that it will give them the supplemental nutrition that they need to focus well in class as well as have a healthier day. Thanks for any help.
Cooking & Recipes - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try making some breakfast burritos. I would think you could get a lot of the ingredients at low prices. I don't have an exact recipe but here is how I would make them: Breakfast Burritos tortillas eggs cheese salsa onions green peppers Scramble and cook eggs. Separately saute onions and peppers. In a tortilla, place eggs, onions and peppers, salsa, sprinkle on cheese, and roll up. These are higher in protein with eggs and that will help keep the students fuller longer. The salsa and peppers are a good way to get them vegetables. You could even add in some sausage if it is within budget.
2 :
I would add some chorizo the to previous burrito recipe--this will help give them the calories and snice they are children, the calories from the fat will mostly be burned off by their activities. I have spent much time in regions of Mexico so understand your problem. Chef Jack Garrison

Read more other entries :