Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Is it possible to fly to mexico with an expired passport, if i have a current passport not in my possession?

Is it possible to fly to mexico with an expired passport, if i have a current passport not in my possession?
I'm applying for a student visa for Spain and they take your current passport for over a month. During this time I'm flying to mexico with my family for vacation (a week). Would they actually hold me at the airport and not let me back? I have a drivers license, birth certificate and my old passport.
Other - Mexico - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A valid, unexpired passport is required for travel to Mexico via air. The airline flying you there would most likely deny you boarding absent the valid passport, as they have a duty to ensure that all travelers have the proper documentation even before boarding an aircraft.
2 :
You cannot fly without a current passport I would call the passport agency and explain what is happening with your student visa and ask them what your options are. This is and odd situation. Perhaps the student visa people can take your expired one? I don't think they would hold you at the airport cause I don't think you'd get out getting into Mexico is easy it's getting back in that's tough.
3 :
You absolutely must have your passport in hand. You will not be able to enter or leave Mexico without it. My advise is to get another passport for Mexico.

Read more other entries :