Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Is Mexico a dangerous place for college students to go on spring break?

Is Mexico a dangerous place for college students to go on spring break?
Next spring break, a few friends and myself wants to go to Cancun for our spring break. We will all be 20 years old next year. My parents are very concerned about me going alone with just friends. If we plan on just staying in the resort the whole time, should we be fine?
Other - Mexico - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
not unless u want to get raped
2 :
you'll be fine,
3 :
In the resort you'll probobly be fine....
4 :
Yes, I'm from there, and I live in the US now, but I visit as often as I can. I live in the city and its fine. I think right now the worst places are the border, like Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, and Mexico city is a little dangerous if your a foreigner. The thing about can cun is that u have to go clubbing! and that obviously involves leaving the resort. But its sooo full of tourists that I really doubt there will be any kind of danger. If you ask any TRUE mexican, Can cun is practically NOT mexico, its a lovely beach with a million tourists thats all. I think you will be absolutely fine, whether you stay in the resort or go out clubbing.
5 :
You might be fine, if you stay in the resort. Islands in the Caribbean are nicer than Mexico and have friendlier governments - in case one of you kids gets into trouble. Honestly, why make your parents worry like that?
6 :
There is a huge debate of the safety of Mexico but overall, it is safe. Like any city you visit throughout the world, if you keep your street smarts, you will be just fine. Due to the drug violence here, a lot of people think that it is everywhere in Mexico. That is far from the truth. I invite you to read the article I recently wrote regarding safety in Mexico. All conclusions based on studies done by San Diego University. http://ezinearticles.com/?Killing-Mexican-Drug-Violence-Myths&id=4250457 Happy and Safe Travels! Kristin
7 :
Stay in the resort destinations and you'll be fine.
8 :
Its only dangerous if you have no common sense, basically do not go looking for anything illegal, do not flash wealth, and do not anger the locals.

Read more other entries :