Thursday, November 28, 2013

Can an Australian student apply for a US J1 visa whilst in Mexico?

Can an Australian student apply for a US J1 visa whilst in Mexico?
I am studying in Mexico for a year from this August, and will have finished classes by mid-May 2011. In 2007 I worked at a summer camp in the US, a great experience which I would love to repeat in the summer of 2011. I applied through CCUSA, and will probably do the same this time around. The problem is, my visa application in 2007 involved an interview at the US Consulate in Sydney to get the J1 working visa. Since I will be in Mexico during this stage of the application, I'm wondering if I can apply and have the interview at a US Consulate in Mexico? Thanks in advance!
Embassies & Consulates - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you have the DS-2019 and are registered in SEVIS, you can apply at the embassy or the nearest consulate in Mexico. check out all their websites at usembassy.gov.

Read more other entries :