Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What do I need to get an FM3 in Mexico?

What do I need to get an FM3 in Mexico?
I have a job offer and I am already in Mexico on a tourist visa. the company is going to write me a letter to bring to apply for an FM3 but I was reading and it said I need to show proof of income and I don't have any income... how would I if I am in Mexico? I am a student... im here with the FMT
Other - Mexico - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Are you in Mexico on a Visa or a tourist Permit (FMM) ? This is very ambiguous when some answerer`s call the Tourist Permit a Card and a Visa.....It is neither. Visas have to be applied for at Mexican consulates around the world in countries that are on Mexico`s list of countries that are required to do so. New Electronic FM3s and FM2s are Cards. Here is a very thorough link where you can find all the information you need to know.
2 :
I am actually not sure how that income requirement is handled if you are applying for an FM3 with work permit. The 2 pages below should be helpful. In May there were big changes made to the visa system and rules. You really need to locate the nearest INM office and go in and talk with them. They will answer your questions and guide you. If this job is a low-skilled or a very short term job, it is very unlikely that a work permit will be granted. Most employers who hire foreign citizens know the whole process and help you through it...they not send you to do it on your own. There will be a fee of a few hundred dollars.
3 :
A job offer and a lawyer to help you.
4 :
Try the INM website (given as Source), which asks you step by step for your qualifications and spits out an answer based on your particular kind of FM3. Alternatively, talk to a paralegal (their signs include the words "trámites" and "inmigración") or an attorney who handles INM paperwork ("derecho administrativo").
5 :
Visit the Rollybrook site Charlie posted - has all the info. UUHHMM - If they are sending you to do the leg work - they have probably never done this before and don't realize the in's and out's of what it takes. This is a long ,difficult, gov't process. Cost's a couple of hundred dollars ,and is next to impossible to get.

Read more other entries :