Saturday, January 1, 2011

Would you let your 20 yr old college student go to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico for 3 nights with his friend?

Would you let your 20 yr old college student go to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico for 3 nights with his friend?
We are Americans and I won a 3 night stay at the Hacienda hotel and spa in PV so I was going to send my son and a friend of his there over the summer. What do you think? Is it safe?
Puerto Vallarta - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Stop worrying so much about the safety issue. Living in a big city in the states is as safe as living in Johannesburg. He wont die unless he goes around picking fights with people.
2 :
Puerto Vallarta is a very safe resort as long as they use good sense and don't get too drunk or use drugs. You know your son and his friends and know how mature they are.
3 :
I go there every year and wonder the same thing since I have four daughters. I would tell him he needs to stay on the resort. No need to go into town or party in the clubs down town. Most of the resorts are all inclusive and include alcohol and most resorts also have a 'disco' on site. Downtown at night can get a bit crazy and anything goes in some of those clubs. I would not want my daughters 'off site' without me being there with them. No problem with him going to PV just as long as he stays on the resort and the beaches near his hotel. There is plenty of booze and babes without him going into town.
4 :
The thing about Puerto Vallarta is that people don't really have to leave the resort and just chill at the pool without having to leave and worry about safety. Of course they will want to party so tell them to get a taxi and not wander around the city. The malecon (boardwalk) is a great place to walk around near the beach and the shops. PV is a great town. Wish I could go more often.
5 :
I would if I trust him. Vallarta is very safe for all turists. Now the question is if you think your 20 year old will be ok behaving himself with all the freedom he is going to get. You know your son better than anybody else. Trust your gut. Good luck and we welcome you all here in Puerto Vallarta

Read more other entries :