Monday, April 14, 2014

How do I become a foreign exchange student?

How do I become a foreign exchange student?
I live in New Mexico and I would love to go to Japan to study thier language, so how do I do it?
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Study the Japenese language, go to the bookstore and look up books on travel to Japan.
2 :
I'm glad you are interested in studying abroad in Japan! Everyone I know who has come back from Japan absolutely LOVES it there. Becoming a foreign exchange student can take some time, especially when it comes to finding the right program that fits your needs and interests. I am a program advisor for AYUSA Global Youth Exchange, and we provide a lot different academic and summer programs for our US and Canadaian and US high school students at a competitive price. Below are some of our requirements to becoming a high school foreign exchange student (other companies have similar requirements): 1) be a high school student 2) 15-18 years old (you absolutely cannot turn 19 while on program in Japan! Japan is really strict) 3) 2.5 GPA (exceptions considered on a case-by-cae basis) 4) 1 year of Japanese 5) Sound and stable mental and physical health 6) Responsible, mature, adaptable, resilient, and excited about cutural exchange! 7) Have parent and school support As you think about studying abroad, make sure you talk to your parents and high school counselor about your plans and how you can fit studying abroad into your high school graduation!

Read more other entries :